Last modified: April 10, 2023
We Quilt Inc., dba Liminal ("Company" or "We") respect your privacy and are committed to protecting it through our compliance with this policy. This policy describes:
- The types of information we may collect or that you may provide when you download, install, register with, access, or use Liminal (the "App").
- Our practices for collecting, using, maintaining, protecting, and disclosing that information.
This policy applies only to information we collect in this App, and in email, text, and other electronic communications sent through or in connection with this App.
This policy DOES NOT apply to information that:
- You provide to or is collected by any third party (see Third-Party Information Collection).
These other third parties have their own privacy policies, which we encourage you to read before providing information on or through them.
Children Under the Age of 13
The App is not intended for children under 13 years of age, and we do not knowingly collect Personal Information from children under 13. If you are under 13, do not use or provide any Personal Information on or through the App or about yourself to us. If you believe we may have information from or about a child under 13, please notify us at Liminal@wequilt.com.
California residents under 16 years of age may have additional rights regarding the collection and sale of their Personal Information. Please see Your State Privacy Rights for more information.
Information We Collect and How We Collect It
We collect information from and about users of our App:
- Directly from you when you provide it to us.
- Automatically when you use the App.
Information You Provide to Us
When you download, register with, or use this App, we may ask you to provide information:
- By which you may be personally identified, such as name, mailing address, email address, telephone number, or any other identifier by which you may be contacted online or offline ("Personal Information").
- That is about you but individually does not identify you, such as which modalities of wellness services you have tried and what you are interested in trying and whether you liked a particular offering you tried on the App.
This information includes:
- Information that you provide by filling in forms in the App. This includes information provided at the time of registering to use the App, matching with guides and their services, and requesting further services. We may also ask you for information when you enter a contest or promotion sponsored by us, and when you report a problem with the App.
- Records and copies of your correspondence (including email addresses and phone numbers), if you contact us.
- Your responses to surveys that we might ask you to complete for research purposes or otherwise to improve our services.
- Details of transactions you carry out through the App and of the fulfillment of your purchases. You will be required to provide financial information before purchasing credits through the App.
As a guide on the App, you may also provide information, videos and other materials for publication or display ("Posted") on the App (collectively, "User Content"). Your User Content is Posted and transmitted to others at your own risk. Additionally, we cannot control the actions of third parties with whom you may choose to share your User Content. Therefore, we cannot and do not guarantee that your User Content will not be viewed by unauthorized persons.
Automatic Information Collection
When you download, access, and use the App, it may use technology to automatically collect:
- Usage Details. When you access and use the App, we may automatically collect certain details of your access to and use of the App, including traffic data, data to diagnose/troubleshoot issues on the App, data regarding User Content you view on the App, and other communication data and the resources that you access and use on or through the App.
- Device Information. We may collect information about your mobile device and internet connection, including the device's unique device identifier, operating system, browser type, mobile network information, and the device's telephone number.
- If you do not want us to collect this information do not download the App or delete it from your device. For more information, see Your Choices About Our Collection, Use, and Disclosure of Your Information.
Information Collection Technologies
The technologies we use for automatic information collection may include:
- Cookies (or mobile cookies). A cookie is a small file placed on your smartphone. It may be possible to refuse to accept mobile cookies by activating the appropriate setting on your smartphone. However, if you select this setting you may be unable to access certain parts of our App.
- Web Beacons. Pages of the App may contain small electronic files known as web beacons (also referred to as clear gifs, pixel tags, and single-pixel gifs) that permit the Company, for example, to count users who have visited those pages and for other related app statistics (for example, recording the popularity of certain app content and verifying system and server integrity).
Third-Party Information Collection
When you use the App or its content, certain third parties may use automatic information collection technologies to collect information about you or your device. These third parties may include:
- Your mobile device manufacturer.
- Your mobile service provider.
These third parties may use tracking technologies to collect information about you when you use this App. The information they collect may be associated with your Personal Information or they may collect information, including Personal Information, about your online activities over time and across different websites, apps, and other online services websites. They may use this information to provide you with interest-based (behavioral) advertising or other targeted content.
We do not control these third parties' tracking technologies or how they may be used. If you have any questions about an advertisement or other targeted content, you should contact the responsible provider directly.
How We Use Your Information
We use information that we collect about you or that you provide to us, including any Personal Information, to:
- Provide you with the App and its contents, and any other information, products, or services that you request from us.
- Fulfill any other purpose for which you provide it.
- Give you notices about your account, including credit purchase and account creation and termination notices.
- Carry out our obligations and enforce our rights arising from any contracts entered into between you and us, including for billing and collection.
- Notify you when App updates are available, and of any changes to any products or services we offer or provide though it.
The usage information we collect helps us to improve our App and to deliver a better and more personalized experience by enabling us to:
- Estimate our audience size and usage patterns.
- Store information about your preferences, allowing us to customize our App according to your individual interests.
- Speed up your matches or searches.
- Recognize you when you use the App.
We may also use your information to contact you about goods and services that may be of interest to you. If you do not want us to use your information in this way, please check the relevant box located on the form on which we collect your data or adjust your user preferences in your account profile. For more information, see Your Choices About Our Collection, Use, and Disclosure of Your Information.
Disclosure of Your Information
We may disclose aggregated information about our users, and information that does not identify any individual or device, without restriction.
In addition, we may disclose Personal Information that we collect or you provide:
- To our subsidiaries and affiliates.
- To contractors, service providers, and other third parties we use to support our business and who are bound by contractual obligations to keep Personal Information confidential and use it only for the purposes for which we disclose it to them.
- To a buyer or other successor in the event of a merger, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution, or other sale or transfer of some or all of the Company's assets, whether as a going concern or as part of bankruptcy, liquidation, or similar proceeding, in which Personal Information held by the Company about our App users is among the assets transferred.
- To fulfill the purpose for which you provide it.
- For any other purpose disclosed by us when you provide the information.
- With your consent.
- To comply with any court order, law, or legal process, including to respond to any government or regulatory request.
- To enforce our rights arising from any contracts entered into between you and us, including the App Terms of Service and for billing and collection.
- If we believe disclosure is necessary or appropriate to protect the rights, property, or safety of the Company, our users, or others.
Your Choices About Our Collection, Use, and Disclosure of Your Information
We strive to provide you with choices regarding the Personal Information you provide to us. This section describes mechanisms we provide for you to control certain uses and disclosures of your information.
- Promotion by the Company. If you do not want us to use your email address for promotional emails from us, you can opt-out by clicking the unsubscribe link within a promotional email we send to you, or by sending an email to us at Liminal@wequilt.com.
Accessing and Correcting Your Personal Information
You can review and change your Personal Information by logging into the App and visiting your account profile page.
You may also send us an email at Liminal@wequilt.com to request access to, correct, or delete any Personal Information that you have provided to us. We cannot delete your Personal Information except by also deleting your user account. We may not accommodate a request to change information if we believe the change would violate any law or legal requirement or cause the information to be incorrect.
If you delete your User Content from the App, copies of your User Content may remain viewable in cached and archived pages, or might have been copied or stored by other App users. Proper access and use of information provided on the App, including User Content, is governed by our Terms of Service.
Your State Privacy Rights
State consumer privacy laws may provide their residents with additional rights regarding our use of their Personal Information. To learn more about California residents' privacy rights, visit https://oag.ca.gov/privacy/ccpa.
Colorado, Connecticut, Virginia, and Utah each provide their state residents with rights to:
- Confirm whether we process their Personal Information.
- Access and delete certain Personal Information.
- Data portability.
- Opt-out of personal data processing for targeted advertising and sales.
Colorado, Connecticut, and Virginia also provide their state residents with rights to:
- Correct inaccuracies in their Personal Information, taking into account the information's nature processing purpose.
- Opt-out of profiling in furtherance of decisions that produce legal or similarly significant effects.
To exercise any of these rights please email us at Liminal@wequilt.com.
Nevada provides its residents with a limited right to opt-out of certain Personal Information sales. Residents who wish to exercise this sale opt-out rights may submit a request to this designated address: Liminal@wequilt.com. However, please know we do not currently sell data triggering that statute's opt-out requirements.
We are committed to protecting your information. Liminal takes reasonable precautions to safeguard your information from loss, misuse, disclosure, alteration, unauthorized access, and destruction. However, we cannot ensure the security of any information you transmit to us or guarantee that information may not be accessed, disclosed, altered or destroyed.
From the team that brought you Quilt
Copyright © We Quilt Inc. 2023 All rights reserved.